Let us discover Hypertension; one of the most common medical conditions that are also commonly associated with other conditions that are more alarming. If you are suffering from one, undiagnosed; or providing support for a loved one, you are encouraged to read further; as I will provide all the basic information you need to be aware of with regards to it.
The Official Diagnosis
Hypertension, also recognized as High blood pressure, occurs when our blood pressure goes beyond its normal rate. Although our blood pressure changes throughout our day, based on what our activities are; having hypertension means your blood pressure is consistently beyond the normal rate, that goes for your official diagnosis.
The higher our blood pressure levels or us having hypertension; the higher our risks of acquiring other health dilemmas, such as heart disease, heart attacks, and strokes.
A competent health care team can diagnose your hypertension; and effectively lay treatment decisions by means of reviewing your systolic and diastolic blood pressure levels. Continuing, they will have to compare them to the levels that are present to the certain guidelines they are using.
It is tricky to know whether or not you have manifested hypertension already; as it barely shows symptoms and usually, symptoms occur when it is already in a life-threatening stage. With this, physicians have been making efforts by making hypertension tests available and free to most local health centers. The tests are quick and painless; and encouragement for diagnosis is really loud as hypertension is a silent killer; and awareness, prevention, and effective treatments are best in fighting it.
What are the Sources of Hypertension?
Hypertension is known to typically develop over time. It might happen if you have unhealthy lifestyle habits, for instance, not engaging in physical activities. Certain health conditions also aid in birthing hypertension, including diabetes and obesity. Hypertension can also be acquired during pregnancy.
Problems that Hypertension Cause to Happen
Being diagnosed with hypertension can damage your health in a number of ways. More importantly, it can seriously, negatively hurt your body’s important organs, such as the heart, brain, kidneys, together with eyes. But behold; as you can always make moves in managing your blood pressure; that will alleviate your hypertension, that will alleviate the risks for harmful health problems.
Here is the list of health problems being caused by Hypertension:
Heart Attack and Heart Failure
Hypertension can negatively impact our arteries, which will cause them to be less elastic; which in turn declines the flow of blood and oxygen to our heart that will then cause heart disease. Heightening the risk for chest pain, sudden heart attack and heart failure.
Stroke and Brain Challenges
Hypertension is also known to cause our arteries; that supply blood and oxygen to our brain to be blocked, exploding and causing a stroke. During a stroke, what happens is that our brain cells will cease as they do not get oxygen. After the stroke has occurred; the victim will then have to face serious disabilities in speech and movement; hindering the ability to move, which will worsen his or her day-to-day life. In some unfortunate cases, there will be no stroke aftermath as they can face death immediately.
In addition, hypertension is also responsible for poorer cognitive function and dementia, as patients grow older.
Hypertension has been linked to a higher risk of developing chronic kidney disease; compared to those that do not have it.
How Do You Treat Hypertension?
Lifestyle modification is known to be the first-line standard treatment for hypertension. They are:
- Regular physical exercise. Those who are diagnosed with hypertension should immerse themselves with at least 150 moderate-intensity exercises, that is aerobic. This is the standard minute per weekly basis. They are encouraged to try jogging, walking, swimming, cycling, or dance aerobics.
- Management and reducing stress as much as possible. Avoiding, or learning how a patient is diagnosed will help him or her to manage his or her blood pressure. To aid, meditation, yoga; warm baths as well as simply going for long walks are great techniques for relaxation and correlates greatly for relieving stress.
- Consuming alcohol, recreational drugs, cigarettes as well as junk foods; also increase hypertension, and seriously quitting it will have tremendous health improvement.
The patient can also aid their hypertension by using a medication, usually; it is an Antihypertensive medication, that is usually accompanied by minor side effects. Below are medications for hypertension.
- Calcium-channel blockers
- Central agonists
- Peripheral adrenergic inhibitor
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors
- Angiotensin receptor blockers
Patients are opting to follow a heart-healthy diet; that will prevent their Hypertension to worsen and see significant improvements and regulations. Below is the guideline:
- Reducing salt intake alleviates the risk for hypertension and other related problems.
- Increasing fruits and vegetable intake, and decreasing bad fats, as people with hypertension will further worsen their symptoms with unhealthy food choices. Instead, they should eat whole grains that are high in fiber, a variety of nutritious fruits and vegetables, nuts, beans, fish, and low-fat dairy products.
- Managing body weight. Excess body weight also plays a role in worsening hypertension, and as soon as they engage in weight loss, a fall in their blood pressure will greatly occur.
As soon as now, you are currently reading this. You have to be aware and certain that you have the official declaration that you do not have Hypertension, or you have an official diagnosis of one. Hypertension can rob us the opportunity of having to live a perfectly normal, healthy life, moreover a long one, with this, what we can do is be certain that we do not have it or if we have, take treatment plan in successfully managing it to make life as normal, as meaningful and as fulfilling amidst the condition. Health is wealth, it is only necessary to look after it.
Join My Newsletter
Get your FREE Hypertension Information Guide NOW!
Receive special offers, discounts, information about new releases, and more from Frederick Earlstein! Also gain access to a community of like-minded people with a wealth of information.